Call Us: +64 (22) 384 9791

Insurance of your Rental Property

Insurance Matters

It really does!

You should have insurance on your property; however it is likely that your current insurance does not properly cover you for a rented property. We recommend a so called “top up policy” designed to top up any other house holders policy for the dwelling to provide maximum protection for landlord risks.

The cover can include:

  • sudden and accidental damage by tenants or guests
  • malicious damage/theft by tenants or guests
  • gradual damage
  • losses due to abandonment
  • rent arrears
  • compensation for prevention of access
  • loss on fix term contract
  • loss due to failure to vacate
  • landlord liability; and
  • legal costs in tenancy tribunal proceedings.


Please feel free to contact us and discuss your insurance requirements further.